Thursday, April 10, 2008

When All Else Fails, Go To A Party

If I were to pick one word to describe this date it would definitely be "Awkward." I was asked by a certain boy who made it obvious that he liked me and wasn't going to even try to hide it. The problem was... I didn't feel the same. But I thought we'd have fun so I didn't object. He picked me up in the evening and we went to Marie Calenders. I got lasagna and it was delicious! I came to the conclusion that night that the reason that restaurants have appetizers is because it's very convenient to be able to have the excuse of a full mouth when you are at a loss for conversation. We had nothing to talk about. It was horrible!!! He just sat there and smiled at me while I tried to think of topics we might be able to discuss.
After what seemed like an eternity, the dinner finally ended. I was hoping that he would just realize the night was doomed and take me home, but he turned to me and asked what I wanted to do next. I hate it when the guys don't have anything planned. If they're going to take my night they should try not to waste it. So once again, he sat and smiled while I thought. I finally concluded that the night would be much better if there were more than just the two of us. My friends were throwing a surprise party not too far away and I suggested that if we left then we might make it in time for the surprise. He agreed to my plan and we hit the party. He knew a lot of people there but stuck by me the whole night, even when everyone ran to hide. He hid with me. But it was okay because I was free from the awkwardness of it just being the two of us and he got to spend his night with me like he wanted and I think we both ended up having a lot of fun. He must have had fun because he asked me to the next dance. That turned out okay too. So when you are at a loss of things to do or talk about, go and find more people to hang out with. It brings more people with more topics of conversation and releases the tension that comes when you are on a date with someone that you aren't so compatible with.

No comments: