Friday, April 11, 2008

Blind Date

I hate getting set up with people because it never works out for me. I also hate going to a movie because there is no way to get to know each other. My friend set me up with this guy that she just KNEW would be perfect for me and well... he wasn't. He picked me up and took me to a movie that I could have done without seeing. It was a movie that was definitely made for boys. In the middle of the show some kids decided that it would be funny to pull the fire alarm so then everyone had to leave the building only to turn around and come right back in. During our little break we made a little awkward conversation and I was relieved when the movie started again. I was happy when he took me home right after the movie was over. I think both of us would agree that we have nothing in common and there is no need to pursue anything further. He was a nice guy but, not my prince.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I agree! Blind dates can be horrid. In fact, I just went on one tonight too. (This is Andrea from choir, by the way) Sometimes I'm grateful for movies or concerts where you don't have to try to talk. It fills in the empty space for you. You are one of my favorite people and you deserve someone equally amazing! :)